Do you remember those small bluetooth to uart modules called HC-05? Those that are sold cheap in bulk from those chineese resellers. Anyway, if you remember, they are configured via AT commands, before being installed into they final place. I needed to configure a bunch of those modules, so I needed an adapter. Since I haven’t yet assembled a CNC mill, nor I had the time to visit people who have a nice CNC mill, nor I had the time to etch a board, I decided to go ultra-cheap and ultra-dirty.
Out of the junk I took a piece of clear acrylic, drilled the holes added a little mess-of-wires, a button and secured everything with hot glue.
The result looked ugly as hell, but worked anyway.
So now I can just plug in a HC-05/06 module, run a magical bash script and then install into some embedded hardware, so that I won’t be crawling all the way through the attic if something doesn’t boot up.